Monday, May 31, 2010

New Pinch

I am not sure how much more I will be able to blog in the coming months...my college is going to reopen day after tomorrow. Still I am planning to have atleast 3 posts a month. Its a crucial year in my studies as I have to prepare for 5 main papers (actually its 4 but last year's paper was a mess so I am improving). It was a memorable summer vacation, lot of tragedies & losses. Anyway seems like I have learnt a lot of things, most striking of all is that "I am saying goodbye to last minute studies." I just hope this lesson doesn't wither away like my new year resolutions which I never keep.
                  Feels like I am having a new beginning. Maybe its because of all the new things I got for college year. Its a silly habit I am having from kindergarten classes onwards. Each school year I want the first day of school to be perfect. Perfect means new pencils,bag, water bottle,shoes & so & so......Anyway I have kept the list of new things to the minimum this year. I have mentioned this earlier in my blog that most of my classmates are from poor families. Sometimes I feel guilty while I buy new shoes or clothes just for the reason that it looks pretty. I have seen some of my classmates using their shoes till they can't be repaired further. They buy things out of necessity, not just because they look pretty or pink. Even though I am saying things like this, I still buy stuff as my father is paying for it. When the day comes, in which I am the person who is paying bills, I will definitely cut back on buying pretty things. Each day I spend with my classmates, makes me more aware of the value of money & I take care not to waste it. I just wish, I will have not too much money or too little money, but just the right amount to balance it all. Till this day money has never been my motivation, I  hope it will stay that way.

3 comments:

  1. Wish you all the best.

    Enjoy your life. We can't say the other suffering. Today if they're suffering surely a better tomorrow destined for them. And it's our responsibility that keep our graph on always.

    May you got an initial peak because of a well settled family and others started from 0,0 . But still in a way or other their graph is on in many other face of life.

    I was one like your friends...even few years back. But I doubt I cut money when I started earning myself. Instead, I tried to improve my family life. Still the shoes, watches, shirts, jeans should be bright for me. But in a time, I suffered all these.

    Last minute studies are not really good but I used to do that... Allmost all my years in school I was like this. but somehow I am comfortable with it and I like the challenge. I saw my friends even boys used to learn things by heart just for the sake of scoring in exams... but I could have spend my time well.

    Enjoy a happy life. You've a good future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...I really appreciate it.. you sharing your thoughts... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. often v question if God was der y so much f suffering around. All v need 2 realize is dat it is 2 take care f those underprivileged dat God gave us evrythng. I wish, hope n pray dat u dont lose out on d wrld dat has changed 4m survival f d fittest 2 reign on d weak.

    ReplyDelete