“Come on dress up letz go somewhere”
Says my dad…”Sea air will be good for you” he continues
By the sea
When the waves grumble
Crashing mercilessly against the rocks on shore
Waves recede, after teasing my toe tips
I step back as in reflex
What made me resent the sea water?
Just the chillness or the dirty tone it had
Once I used to splash around it
Not caring whether it’s blue, brown or blue-green
Now the ‘pedicured’ feet hesitate to touch it
And the wind starts to blow again,
Entangling my hair in a more complicated pattern
I pulled my hood over my hair
Tucking in the loose strands
It’s getting more ridiculous by the minute
Protecting myself from wind & water?
“Evening sunlight is good for your skin”
Quotes my father….
Well he didn’t know I had already on a
Dab of sun-protection lotion
Feels like all my senses are numb
Just moving eyes are there to make sure of the reality
All I feel is empty
Neither sad nor happy
Again I retreated to my shell of silent tortures

No comments:
Post a Comment