I tried to find some truth
Among the lies she told
I tried to see a friend
Beneath the glitter & glamour
Youth, beauty & money
With a dash of arrogance
And somewhere in between
A heartbeat of an ordinary girl
Somewhere I could see the inherent goodness
Hidden away in her fake lashes
She smiles away & laughs aloud
Among a group of parasites, whom she call friends
Sweet talks & happy hours they have all day long
Making each silly occasion a celebration
To give a treat of chocolates & ice-cream
“Walk away girl” I have often thought
You have a life ahead
In which money won’t be your slave
You can boss around now, as
You have been born privileged
One day your beauty will wane
And your admirers will fail
To keep up with the real you
So walk away now & walk towards
A path to build a world of your own
Keep the charity of inheritance
As a reserve for bad times
Is it so hard to read a few books?
To get a decent degree?
Anyway it will be easier than ‘texting’
All your friends & keeping up with fashion trends..
So walk away…& walk towards a better future

No comments:
Post a Comment