Starting from the school level onwards I was an average student in all subjects. That means I got almost 85% above for all the subjects I studied till my 10th std. So that doesn’t prove that I am intelligent, but it showed that I have a talent to study all the subjects in the same magnitude. I now find that as a disadvantage, because it’s better to have a deep knowledge and extreme interest in one subject than having a little knowledge in all subjects. Well this principle is only applicable if you want to become famous as Einstein who was interested in maths and was considered as an idiot by his social science teacher.
So if you want to be like a regular human, getting a good job that earns you money and look after the family and all that, you need not be an extra –brilliant scholar in one subject. So this doesn’t mean I want to be world famous or anything. Still I want to leave behind a legacy, or some milestone or something that people will remember even after I am dead. So now let’s not let our imagination run wild. Practically thinking I will also end up like a regular human working, looking after the family, and hopefully dying peacefully at home when I get old. Still considering my current age it’s possible to understand the revolutionary spirit that I have in my blood and the dreams I wove. At the end of the day this all may be fruitless. There maybe many untold tales of failure and always what we hear are stories of success (we hearing it is a proof of success so…). Still the one factor that gets me going is what if we had a chance to excel in something and we didn’t try out that. I certainly don’t want any regrets in my life or more practically I want to keep the number of regrets in my life to the lowest number possible.
So back to my choice of history. So after 12th I really thought hard what I wanted to study. In that thinking I gave priority to what I like than what I thought I liked. So it was a moment of self-discovery. I always was fascinated by history. The heroes of the past gave rejuvenation to my imagination. I liked to think about what it was like living in that period of history. I think it’s an honour to study in detail about the great personalities in history like Gandhiji, Mother Theresa etc. Well it’s the least we can do to show an appreciation to the noble deeds they did. There are diverse things that capture my attention in history. History can be studied in a story telling way. Or it can be boring with dates and number of dead soldier. Or it can just be a bunch of lies written by the victors. There maybe thousands of treasures that maybe lost forever by the crookedness of men or by the sheer accident or coincidence. By treasures I men not the gold, diamond stuff because they are the things that we can put a price tag. But some facts in history are invaluable and are like hidden treasures. We have a right to know the truth and the injustice of the past deserves to be brought to light. So that’s just the outline of things that got me interested in history.
So if you want to be like a regular human, getting a good job that earns you money and look after the family and all that, you need not be an extra –brilliant scholar in one subject. So this doesn’t mean I want to be world famous or anything. Still I want to leave behind a legacy, or some milestone or something that people will remember even after I am dead. So now let’s not let our imagination run wild. Practically thinking I will also end up like a regular human working, looking after the family, and hopefully dying peacefully at home when I get old. Still considering my current age it’s possible to understand the revolutionary spirit that I have in my blood and the dreams I wove. At the end of the day this all may be fruitless. There maybe many untold tales of failure and always what we hear are stories of success (we hearing it is a proof of success so…). Still the one factor that gets me going is what if we had a chance to excel in something and we didn’t try out that. I certainly don’t want any regrets in my life or more practically I want to keep the number of regrets in my life to the lowest number possible.
So back to my choice of history. So after 12th I really thought hard what I wanted to study. In that thinking I gave priority to what I like than what I thought I liked. So it was a moment of self-discovery. I always was fascinated by history. The heroes of the past gave rejuvenation to my imagination. I liked to think about what it was like living in that period of history. I think it’s an honour to study in detail about the great personalities in history like Gandhiji, Mother Theresa etc. Well it’s the least we can do to show an appreciation to the noble deeds they did. There are diverse things that capture my attention in history. History can be studied in a story telling way. Or it can be boring with dates and number of dead soldier. Or it can just be a bunch of lies written by the victors. There maybe thousands of treasures that maybe lost forever by the crookedness of men or by the sheer accident or coincidence. By treasures I men not the gold, diamond stuff because they are the things that we can put a price tag. But some facts in history are invaluable and are like hidden treasures. We have a right to know the truth and the injustice of the past deserves to be brought to light. So that’s just the outline of things that got me interested in history.

No comments:
Post a Comment