Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rainbow

A walk in the drizzle 
Humming a long lost tune
Lost in my thoughts
Always I have loved the concept
Of rediscovery of lost things

Sometimes I stand still
To let my hair get caught up in the wind
Again I resume my walk
Rays of sun began to peep out through the clouds

Like little spotlights 
Scattered here and there
They pick up the insignificant things 
On the ground

And a gust of wind blows
Sweeping away the whole rain clouds
I curse the wind who took my rain away
I wanted to continue my rain walk for some more

As I sat down on the roadside bench
Thinking what a spoil-sport wind is
A line of colours caught my eye
Wow...that is a rainbow
I brush up my memory about rainbows
First things that came to my mind are
The "VIBGYOR"..in my science class
Then there was some recollection 
About photos and videos 
I can't remember the last time 
I saw one for real 
So I felt like I am seeing it for the first time

Seeing is believing
Its no good sitting in front of my PC
And googling for nature wallpapers
I am the proud member of nature clubs
But how often do I venture out?
Tour packages inside an itinerary 
Won't do the job....its just all planned
I want spontaneity and the unexpected
If you dare be a hitchhiker
Sleep under a starless sky
And wake-up under a blazing sun

H mm..wind does have commonsense
To clear the sky for a splash colours
Instead of clinging to the dull grey rain clouds

I sometimes like the defined nature of my life
But it is when change happens 
It brings out the colour and meaning of life  

2 comments: